Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Tagliatelle with seafood/saffron croquettes on a cream sauce


I probably get more than 20 recipe newsletters a day. Love them all. Not always I have the time to read them all, actually 5 days out of 7 I delete them to keep my inbox on a manageable size.
The glorious days that I get to enjoy them, I usually save 2 or 3 recipes I would like to make.
I also have  hundreds of cooking magazines with sticky notes, cookbooks, pictures, Cd's, software,...napkins, papers, notes, clippings....out of control!
What should I cook first?? How can I  get organize?
That time will come...

But I have to say, I'm pretty proud of myself. Today I made a recipe that I saw only a couple of days ago (well, maybe 4 or 5 days ago). It was from Giallo Zafferano, an Italian website that I love. I have try several of their recipes and they were all keepers. The original name of this recipe is: Tagliatelle mimosa


For the tagliatelle:
  • flour, 300 gr
  • salt
  • 3 medium eggs

For the croquettes:

  • 1 clove garlic
  • 250 gr hake (or cod)
  • 80 gr bread crumbs
  • 50 gr grated Parmigiano Reggiano
  • Pepper
  • salt
  • 1egg
  • 1 packet saffron

For the sauce:
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1/2 cup brandy
  • 30 g butter
  • 2 Tbs Olive oil
  • 250 ml heavy cream
  • pepper
  • salt

Garnish:
  • Parsley

To prepare the pasta, mix eggs, flour and salt together: knead until smooth and let it rest covered for at least half an hour in a cool place. Then roll out the pastry and ass it through the pasta machine. (or you can cut them by hand) or....just buy fresh pasta.
Meanwhile, remove any bones in fish, cut into pieces  and chop it in a food processor. Pour into a bowl, add the garlic clove  crushed bread crumbs, Parmesan, egg, salt, pepper and saffron dissolved in a tablespoon of water;  mix well. You will get a bright yellow  mix.  Form it into very small balls.
 Put the oil, butter and two cloves of garlic  in a pan and  add the meatballs, sauté 2 minutes, then add the brandy, add the cream  season with salt and pepper and then turn off the heat. Cook the noodles in salted water and then, once drained, mix them in a pan with the sauce . Sauté for a couple of minutes, then serve dividing the meatballs in the various dishes. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.









No comments: